Skip to main content

Gov. Dickson signs Executive Order for Automatic Employment for First Class Graduates



Bayelsa State Governor, the Honourable Henry Seriake Dickson, has said that he has taken a decision to sign an executive order to give automatic employment to all first class graduates in the state every year.

The Governor said that the executive order was aimed at ensuring that the automatic employment policy is sustained annually even after the end of his administration.

A statement by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media Relations, Mr. Fidelis Soriwei, quoted the governor as having stated this during an induction ceremony for 31 First Class Graduates who were offered automatic employment at the Government House, Yenagoa on Monday,

He explained that the order would mandate the Civil Service Commission to present a list of duly verified applicants to the office of the governor every year for automatic employment.

Governor Dickson also directed the Civil Service Commission to immediately issue letters of employment to verified first class graduates in the state.

He assured other first class graduates who failed to apply of their service of inclusion in the employment offer.

The governor also disclosed plans to sign a second order aimed at verifying the indigene-ship of Bayelsans seeking employment into the civil service with the paramount rulers and Community Development Chairmen in the various communities.

He explained that the paramount rulers and the community leaders would mandated to sign letters of identification of applicants to curb impersonation.

He said further that the government was able to offer automatic employment to the first class graduates because of the meticulous implementation of the public service reforms initiated by the Restoration Administration under his leadership.

He added that the reforms were yielding results as shown by the fact that the state Government now saves N500 million per month in salaries.

He added that the abhorrent practice where grades and steps were procured in the state had become a thing of the past.

The Chairman of the Civil Service Commission, Dr. Peter Singabele said that the commission received 23,758, applicants for the 1000 vacancies declared by the governor.

He said that the commission fixed the cut off mark for the examination at 70 which reduced the figure to 4,643 candidates now penciled for the last stage of the interview.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ondo Bye-election: Aspirant Promises Quality* *Representation

. A Chieftain of the Peoples Democracy Party, (PDP), and a leading aspirant in the forthcoming House of Representatives bye-election for Akure South/North Federal Constituency, Barrister Olumuyiwa Adu, yesterday, said the federal constituency would receive premium quality and enlightened representation if given the ticket to fly the party’s flag for the bye-election. Adu who made this statement while addressing a group of youths in the party, said quality representation is key to the development of any constituency and would do everything possible to build on the legacy of late Hon. Dayo Omolafe popularly called Expensive. Omolafe was a Member of the Federal House Of Representatives who represented Akure South /North at the lower chamber of the National Assembly. He was buried last month after a brief illness and the seat was declared vacant by the Independent National Electoral Commision,INEC. According to him, his new deal promise, which he said is a transformation mission wa...

OPINION: Politicising Tragedy

 The sad occurrence of the collapse of a 21 storey building in Lagos was a monumental disaster. Certainly the loss of more than 20 lives up to-date is a painful human tragedy. All attention must be focussed on what happened, why it happened and how can future occurrences be prevented all together!. Governor Babajide Sanwoolu, as usual of him, immediately rose to the occasion. Cut short his schedule official engagement in Rome and went to the venue straight from the airport. Even before his arrival the General Manager in charge was immediately sent on compulsory leave. Within 24hrs the governor has visited the site and the surviving victims about twice and a technical enquiry committee of capable and highly credible professionals has been put in place to unravel whatever happened and to advice government appropriately on issues including that of culpability, negligence and possible acts of criminality. It is widely reported that the number of floors constructed was far in exces...

Gov Sule of Nasarawa state visits Olam Multimillion dollar farm and Mill in Rukubi

 The Nasarawa State Governor, Abdulahi Sule has visited the Olam Multimillion dollar Rice Farm and Mill in Rukubi Doma Local Government Area of Nasarawa State. Speaking while making his welcome remarks, Mr. Anil Nair, Senior Vice President and Head of Olam Rice Business, a $140million investment said, it gave him great pleasure and a rare privilege to welcome the Executive Governor of Nasarawa State to Olam Integrated Rice Farm despite his tight schedule. Governor Abdulahi Sule and Mr.Anil Nair, Senior Vice president and Head of Rice Business, a $140 million investment in Nasarawa State  He thanked the governor on behalf of the entire Management Team of the Farm, for the interest he has shown for the activities of Olam Business in Nasarawa State and said this goes to show the level of the governor's passion towards the development of Nasarawa State Economy.   The Olam Vice President, Mr. Anil Nair, noted that the governor's visit yesterday, 2nd of November, couldn’...