Skip to main content

KSTG Releases N400 Million Stipends for S-Power Employees




The Katsina State Government has released the sum of  N400 million as the payment of monthly stipends to 5,000 youths engaged in the newly introduced state-power programme tagged “S-Power”.

Katsina Media and Publicity reports that the youths engaged in the programme are mostly holders of Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) and Diploma in Education certificates who have been deployed to primary schools to serve as teachers so as to reduce manpower shortages and improve the output of the pupils thereby improving the quality of education in the state.

The State Governor, Rt. Hon. Aminu Bello Masari while inaugurating the programme in July 2018, said, "it is aimed at reducing redundancy and indolence amongst youths as well as improve the quality of education in the state".

Malam Lawal Buhari the Executive Chairman, Katsina State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), who spoke on the scheme in an interview on Friday in Daura, said that the participants would be paid the four months stipends they were owed.

“Each of the participants will receive N80,000 for the four months; the monthly stipend is N20,000 as indicated in their letters of engagement,” he said.

He explained that the payment would be at selected Local Education Authority offices, adding that the 34 Local Governments had been divided into 12 centres for that purpose.

@katgovnedia reports that Buhari said that the State Government had approved the engagement of additional 2,000 Degree holders into the programme to complement the teaching manpower in senior secondary schools.

“Those in that category will be supervised by the Ministry of Education,” he said, adding that the recruitment exercise would soon begin.

Katsina Media and Publicity had explored that the Governor's commitment in Education via the restoration Agenda has improved the infrastructure in education as well as the manpower required by the sector as over 2000 class rooms had been renovated and constructed.

Our source also learnt that all arrangements had been concluded to recruit additional 3000 teachers under the S-Power Scheme to teach in various secondary schools across the State.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ondo Bye-election: Aspirant Promises Quality* *Representation

. A Chieftain of the Peoples Democracy Party, (PDP), and a leading aspirant in the forthcoming House of Representatives bye-election for Akure South/North Federal Constituency, Barrister Olumuyiwa Adu, yesterday, said the federal constituency would receive premium quality and enlightened representation if given the ticket to fly the party’s flag for the bye-election. Adu who made this statement while addressing a group of youths in the party, said quality representation is key to the development of any constituency and would do everything possible to build on the legacy of late Hon. Dayo Omolafe popularly called Expensive. Omolafe was a Member of the Federal House Of Representatives who represented Akure South /North at the lower chamber of the National Assembly. He was buried last month after a brief illness and the seat was declared vacant by the Independent National Electoral Commision,INEC. According to him, his new deal promise, which he said is a transformation mission wa...

OPINION: Politicising Tragedy

 The sad occurrence of the collapse of a 21 storey building in Lagos was a monumental disaster. Certainly the loss of more than 20 lives up to-date is a painful human tragedy. All attention must be focussed on what happened, why it happened and how can future occurrences be prevented all together!. Governor Babajide Sanwoolu, as usual of him, immediately rose to the occasion. Cut short his schedule official engagement in Rome and went to the venue straight from the airport. Even before his arrival the General Manager in charge was immediately sent on compulsory leave. Within 24hrs the governor has visited the site and the surviving victims about twice and a technical enquiry committee of capable and highly credible professionals has been put in place to unravel whatever happened and to advice government appropriately on issues including that of culpability, negligence and possible acts of criminality. It is widely reported that the number of floors constructed was far in exces...

Gov Sule of Nasarawa state visits Olam Multimillion dollar farm and Mill in Rukubi

 The Nasarawa State Governor, Abdulahi Sule has visited the Olam Multimillion dollar Rice Farm and Mill in Rukubi Doma Local Government Area of Nasarawa State. Speaking while making his welcome remarks, Mr. Anil Nair, Senior Vice President and Head of Olam Rice Business, a $140million investment said, it gave him great pleasure and a rare privilege to welcome the Executive Governor of Nasarawa State to Olam Integrated Rice Farm despite his tight schedule. Governor Abdulahi Sule and Mr.Anil Nair, Senior Vice president and Head of Rice Business, a $140 million investment in Nasarawa State  He thanked the governor on behalf of the entire Management Team of the Farm, for the interest he has shown for the activities of Olam Business in Nasarawa State and said this goes to show the level of the governor's passion towards the development of Nasarawa State Economy.   The Olam Vice President, Mr. Anil Nair, noted that the governor's visit yesterday, 2nd of November, couldn’...