Skip to main content

IPAC, CUPP ACCUSE BAYELSA REC OF SETTING ASIDE INEC GUIDELINES ...SAYS HE HAS DISCARDED USE OF CARD READER IN ELECTION



Inter Party Advisory Council and Coalition of United Political Parties have accused the Bayelsa State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Pastor Monday Tom Udoh òf working contrary to the guidelines of the Indepedent National Electoral Commission.

The Chairman of CUPP, Chief Tari Edwin and his IPAC Counterpart, Eneyi Zidougha, alleged in a statement on Wednesday that the INEC REC in Bayelsa had demonstrated a brazen violation of the electoral guidelines in the country.

The duo, in the statement they jointly signed called on the Chairman of the Indepedent National Electoral to redeploy the REC from the state for acting contrary to the stipulations of the electoral act.

 Edwin and Zidougha said that the REC had demonstrated lack of integrity, capacity and courage to demonstrate the requisite impartiality in the electoral contest in Bayelsa.

The politicians who said that they no longer have faith in the impartiality of  Udoh to preside over the elections in Bayelsa called for his immediate redeployment from the state.

They stressed that only a deeply compromised REC would accept results from places like Nembe Bassambiri where his own workers were abducted and taken away with electoral material to non-designated location for thumb-printing.

They added that only a REC devoid of reputation would accept concocted results without the use of the voters cards and the card readers as was the case in some of the results accepted and presented to INEC by the REC.

“We the members of the Coalition òf United Political Parties and the Interparty Advisory Council are appalled by the lack of capacity demonstrated by the Bayelsa State Resident Electoral Commissioner,  Pastor Monday Tom Udoh.

We are yet to recover from the shock that Mr. Udoh accepted concocted results in an  election that did not take place in Nembe Bassambiri.

The REC went further to announce that 63 card readers were missing in some local government areas where he has already produced misleading results to the commission.

“Based on the dwindling trust we have for the REC, we hereby call on the Indepedent National Electoral Commission to redeploy the REC to where his action will not do so much damage to the commission and indeed the society.” The statement read in part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ondo Bye-election: Aspirant Promises Quality* *Representation

. A Chieftain of the Peoples Democracy Party, (PDP), and a leading aspirant in the forthcoming House of Representatives bye-election for Akure South/North Federal Constituency, Barrister Olumuyiwa Adu, yesterday, said the federal constituency would receive premium quality and enlightened representation if given the ticket to fly the party’s flag for the bye-election. Adu who made this statement while addressing a group of youths in the party, said quality representation is key to the development of any constituency and would do everything possible to build on the legacy of late Hon. Dayo Omolafe popularly called Expensive. Omolafe was a Member of the Federal House Of Representatives who represented Akure South /North at the lower chamber of the National Assembly. He was buried last month after a brief illness and the seat was declared vacant by the Independent National Electoral Commision,INEC. According to him, his new deal promise, which he said is a transformation mission wa...

OPINION: Politicising Tragedy

 The sad occurrence of the collapse of a 21 storey building in Lagos was a monumental disaster. Certainly the loss of more than 20 lives up to-date is a painful human tragedy. All attention must be focussed on what happened, why it happened and how can future occurrences be prevented all together!. Governor Babajide Sanwoolu, as usual of him, immediately rose to the occasion. Cut short his schedule official engagement in Rome and went to the venue straight from the airport. Even before his arrival the General Manager in charge was immediately sent on compulsory leave. Within 24hrs the governor has visited the site and the surviving victims about twice and a technical enquiry committee of capable and highly credible professionals has been put in place to unravel whatever happened and to advice government appropriately on issues including that of culpability, negligence and possible acts of criminality. It is widely reported that the number of floors constructed was far in exces...

Gov Sule of Nasarawa state visits Olam Multimillion dollar farm and Mill in Rukubi

 The Nasarawa State Governor, Abdulahi Sule has visited the Olam Multimillion dollar Rice Farm and Mill in Rukubi Doma Local Government Area of Nasarawa State. Speaking while making his welcome remarks, Mr. Anil Nair, Senior Vice President and Head of Olam Rice Business, a $140million investment said, it gave him great pleasure and a rare privilege to welcome the Executive Governor of Nasarawa State to Olam Integrated Rice Farm despite his tight schedule. Governor Abdulahi Sule and Mr.Anil Nair, Senior Vice president and Head of Rice Business, a $140 million investment in Nasarawa State  He thanked the governor on behalf of the entire Management Team of the Farm, for the interest he has shown for the activities of Olam Business in Nasarawa State and said this goes to show the level of the governor's passion towards the development of Nasarawa State Economy.   The Olam Vice President, Mr. Anil Nair, noted that the governor's visit yesterday, 2nd of November, couldn’...