Skip to main content

NDDC, LOCAL CONTENT RELEASES ANOTHER N1 BILLION FOR ELECTION IN BAYELSA



withdrawals inspired by a desperation to take over Bayelsa State for the ruling APC....


The Association of Concerned Bayelsa Professionals has said that the Niger Delta Development Commission and Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board have again been compelled to release the sum of N1 billion for the gubernatorial/House òf Assembly elections in Bayelsa State.

The Secretary General of the Association, Mr. Jasper Timiebi, said in a statement on Friday that the two critical Federal Government agencies have been compelled to again divert N1 billion to fund the election of the ruling All Progressives Congress.

Timiebi said that it was indeed curious and sad that scarce funds meant for the development of the Niger Delta were being diverted to pursue the political interest of the ruling political party.

He said that the ACBP would continue to monitor the diversion of public funds by the managements of the NDDC and the NCDMB for political purposes.

Timiebi stressed that a probe by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Indepedent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission would reveal the curious withdrawal of funds from the accounts of the two agencies during the period of the election.

He recalled that the ACBP had earlier raised the alarm that N1.7 billion belonging to the NDDC and the NCDMB were pulled out and given to politicians during the February 23, 2019 Presidential/National Assembly elections.

He said that while the NDDC released the sum of N1.1 bn, the sum of N600 million was withdrawn from the account of the NCDMB to fund the Presidential/National Assembly elections.

He said that investigations conducted by members of the association in the various sectors revealed that the curious withdrawals were inspired by a desperation to take over Bayelsa State for the ruling APC.

According to him, it was part of the group’s discovery that the N1 billion pulled out from the coffers of the NDDC and the NCDMB was meant to fund the Army deployments in Bayelsa during the elections.

He said that while the group was not interested in which of the parties win the election, the diversion of scarce public money to fund the electoral activities of a political party is not only reprehensible but also criminal and should be condemned by all.

He said that association also condemned the heavy militarization of Agbere by the Acting Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission, Prof. Nelson Brambaifa, who went to the community with over 100 soldiers to disrupt the electoral process.

He noted that those privileged to occupy such public offices should be wary of using their influence to hurt the general good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ondo Bye-election: Aspirant Promises Quality* *Representation

. A Chieftain of the Peoples Democracy Party, (PDP), and a leading aspirant in the forthcoming House of Representatives bye-election for Akure South/North Federal Constituency, Barrister Olumuyiwa Adu, yesterday, said the federal constituency would receive premium quality and enlightened representation if given the ticket to fly the party’s flag for the bye-election. Adu who made this statement while addressing a group of youths in the party, said quality representation is key to the development of any constituency and would do everything possible to build on the legacy of late Hon. Dayo Omolafe popularly called Expensive. Omolafe was a Member of the Federal House Of Representatives who represented Akure South /North at the lower chamber of the National Assembly. He was buried last month after a brief illness and the seat was declared vacant by the Independent National Electoral Commision,INEC. According to him, his new deal promise, which he said is a transformation mission wa...

OPINION: Politicising Tragedy

 The sad occurrence of the collapse of a 21 storey building in Lagos was a monumental disaster. Certainly the loss of more than 20 lives up to-date is a painful human tragedy. All attention must be focussed on what happened, why it happened and how can future occurrences be prevented all together!. Governor Babajide Sanwoolu, as usual of him, immediately rose to the occasion. Cut short his schedule official engagement in Rome and went to the venue straight from the airport. Even before his arrival the General Manager in charge was immediately sent on compulsory leave. Within 24hrs the governor has visited the site and the surviving victims about twice and a technical enquiry committee of capable and highly credible professionals has been put in place to unravel whatever happened and to advice government appropriately on issues including that of culpability, negligence and possible acts of criminality. It is widely reported that the number of floors constructed was far in exces...

Gov Sule of Nasarawa state visits Olam Multimillion dollar farm and Mill in Rukubi

 The Nasarawa State Governor, Abdulahi Sule has visited the Olam Multimillion dollar Rice Farm and Mill in Rukubi Doma Local Government Area of Nasarawa State. Speaking while making his welcome remarks, Mr. Anil Nair, Senior Vice President and Head of Olam Rice Business, a $140million investment said, it gave him great pleasure and a rare privilege to welcome the Executive Governor of Nasarawa State to Olam Integrated Rice Farm despite his tight schedule. Governor Abdulahi Sule and Mr.Anil Nair, Senior Vice president and Head of Rice Business, a $140 million investment in Nasarawa State  He thanked the governor on behalf of the entire Management Team of the Farm, for the interest he has shown for the activities of Olam Business in Nasarawa State and said this goes to show the level of the governor's passion towards the development of Nasarawa State Economy.   The Olam Vice President, Mr. Anil Nair, noted that the governor's visit yesterday, 2nd of November, couldn’...